Friday, December 18, 2009

Advent & New Life Part 2

Careful what you write. In my last post, yes 5 months ago I talked about new life. It started with a conversation about when Josh & I were gonna have baby #3. We said he had no plans at that time but that we had not ruled it out. Well, I can announce that Josh and I are expecting baby #3 sometime between June 4 & July 4. I know, most people have due dates, not due months but well, I'm not normal. My 2 oldest children were both born about a month early.

I shared in my last post that with Ellie, my daughter I spent time in the hospital and did not have a good pregnancy. I'm nearly 12 weeks along and it's been okay. If this baby is like my other two, I'm 1/3 of the way through the pregnancy and am looking forward to some of the good things - feeling the baby move and looking more pregnant to match how I've been feeling. This baby has helped me realize that I can only do what I can do. For the first time in my life I've been good at saying no - letting myself rest - and only doing what I need to. Now, some of you might find this hard to believe and I think my husband might still say that I pushing myself too much. I can however say take a look around the house - it's not decorated for Christmas - lights are not up outside. There are no presents wrapped and under the tree. I feel bad about this and my usual next move would be to stay up at all hours doing all those things. Josh keeps reminding me that's what Advent is for and it's not over yet. My kids also keep reminding me that Christmas is 12 days long - which is VERY LONG according to Ben. I've got time. We've got time but so many of us are desperate to finish our to do lists before December 24th.

With the strong winter storm bearing down on the northeast of the country on what is often thought of as the busiest weekend of the year, many people will have no choice but to sit back and rest. A pastor friend posted as her status on Facebook "loves that the snow came down on the busiest weekend of the Christmas season. It makes all of us slow down and enjoy time at home." Remember to take some time and rest as a part of preparation - without that rest new life is not possible and that is what Christmas is about. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.


No comments:

Post a Comment